- Print Speed1: Up to 21 ppm black (letter), Up to 21 ppm color (letter)
- Print Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi Print Technology Resolution: HP ImageREt 3600
- Monthly Volume (Duty Cycle): Up to 40,000 pages
- Use only Original HP Toner in your HP printer for great results, print after print
|Max Printspeed Black White||21 ppm|
|Resolution||600 x 600|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch|
Features this product
Number of users: 3–10 users. Color printer: Color prints at up to 21 pages per minute. AirPrint: Quickly print from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, no setup or apps required. HP mobile printing: Easily print from your smartphone or tablet. Ethernet: Connect printing devices to PCs securely with built-in Ethernet ports. Automatic 2-sided printing: Save paper and time using automatic 2-sided printing.
- Print speed black: Up to 21 pages per minute
- Print speed color: Up to 21 pages per minute
- Recommended monthly page volume: 750 to 2,000 pages
- Print technology: Laser
- Processor speed: 600 MHz
- Print languages: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP postscript level 3 emulation, PDF
- Paper handling input, standard: 250-sheet input tray, 50-sheet multipurpose tray
- Paper handling output, standard: 150-sheet output tray
- Media sizes supported: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 inches, 4 x 6 inches, 3 x 5 inches, 5 x 8 inches, envelopes (No 10, Monarch)
- Power consumption: 425 watts (Active), 15.2 watts (Ready), 4.0 watts (Sleep), 0.5 watts (Off)
- Operating temperature range: 59° to 86° F
- Operating humidity range: 10 to 80 percent RH (non-condensing)
- What's in the box: HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451dn Printer; four preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~ 1,400 pages), built-in automatic duplexer for two-sided printing, Hardware Installation Guide, software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs, power cord
- Warranty: One-year limited
It uses four cartridges, so you won't have to throw out a tri-color cartridge just because one color runs out. Little less convenient to keep up with four cartridges but I think the savings are worth it. Seems it holds about 200 sheets and wish it held more, but you can add another tray for about $90 if that matters to you. I've used a ton of HP Inkjets over the years and overall they've been very good. This one should be too. By the way, this was for work so we didn't get the wireless, but if I was buying for home, I'd spend another $40 and get that to make it easy to print from wireless devices.
The main requirements we had for this printer included:
- Needed to be accessible through the network. Wireless doesn't matter at all - it just needs to be on the network.
- Good color capability
- Duplex printing - most of the documents we print are required by law to be duplex, and it's cheaper anyway since it saves paper
- Good envelope handling - As I already mentioned, I love Brother laser printers in general; but, they really do wrinkle up envelopes pretty badly
- Color printing needed to be less expensive than an inkjet - I know it's still more expensive to print color, but the inkjets are horrible
I've always hated the huge software packages that HP Laserjet Pro 400 bundles with their printers, but it was easy to just download the driver off their website and install it directly. The driver installer didn't have any issues locating the printer on the network either.
As far as print quality goes, it is absolutely amazing. The black is what we've come to expect from any modern laser, but the color just blew me out of the water! Honestly, I've always thought you couldn't get photo-quality pictures from a laser printer, but this definitely comes close. It excels at printing any kind of business graphic we would ever need - and does it quickly, and with full duplex.
Overall, I would highly recommend the M451DN. We've been very pleased with this one over the last month, and I'm having trouble thinking of anything we don't like about it.